Africa’s fintech sector is growing and maturing, with more startups active in the space than ever before, and investment and acquisitions taking place to an unprecedented degree.
Every two years since June 2017, startup-focused news and research company Disrupt Africa has released the Finnovating for Africa: Reimagining the African financial services landscape report, tracking the extraordinary development of the fintech ecosystem across Africa over the last few years.
The 2023 edition, which considers data compiled by Disrupt Africa over eight and a half years on 678 fintech startups active in 25 countries across Africa, available free to all as part of an open-sourcing initiative in partnership with key partners AZA Finance, an African fintech company offering secure and efficient financial infrastructure for payments, foreign exchange, and settlement; and Curacel, an insurance infrastructure company that helps insurers and partners in Africa and other emerging markets increase the reach and functionality of insurance through cloud-based tools and APIs.
The publication includes:
- Consideration of the regional spread and growth of fintech ventures;
- Discussion of startup activity in 8 sub-sectors of the fintech industry;
- Data on fintech startup launches by year;
- Tracking of funding and acquisitions in the fintech space.
- A detailed list of the 576 African fintech startups tracked by the report.
*** Type "0" when asked to "name a fair price" to get this product for FREE ***