African Tech Startups Funding Report 2022 & Full Startup List
Investment into the African tech startup ecosystem passed the US$3 billion mark for the first time in 2022, with the space withstanding global economic headwinds to post a record year as 633 startups raised funding.
For the eighth consecutive year, Disrupt Africa is releasing data on the tech investment ecosystem across Africa, contained in the African Tech Startups Funding Report 2022.
The report details how Nigeria, Egypt, South Africa and Kenya are the premier investment destinations on the continent, though funding is also on the rise elsewhere. Fintech remains the dominant sector, and the number of investors grew substantially.
This year’s edition of the African Tech Startups Funding Report, and the list of funded startups on which it draws, is available FREE as a result of an open-sourcing initiative in partnership with Flat6Labs, MarketForce, 4Di Capital, Mercy Corps Ventures, Newtown Partners, and InsiderPR.
The report includes:
- Detailed information on funding activity in seven African countries;
- Figures on the number of deals per location, and average deal sizes;
- Data on growth in funds and deals over the past seven years;
- Highlights of key deals across continent;
- Sector-specific breakdowns across 15 sectors;
- Tracking of acquisitions in 2022.
- The full list of 633 funded tech startups from across Africa, detailing location, sector, when funding was secured and, where we are able to disclose, the investors and approximate amount raised. Any funding amounts disclosed confidentially do not appear in the list.*** Type "0" when asked to "name a fair price" to get this product for FREE ***