Africa’s e-health sector is booming as startup numbers and investment levels have reached record highs. There are currently 180 companies active in Africa’s e-health space, while investment continues to snowball, peaking in the first half of 2020 despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
The High Tech Health: Exploring the E-health Startup Ecosystem Report 2020 presents data on e-health startups across 20 countries in Africa, gathered by Disrupt Africa between January 2015 and June 2020.
The report also looks in-depth at eight sub-categories of health-tech, from the most popular segments - diagnostics, and virtual healthcare -, to areas attracting less attention, such as maternal health, and emergency response.
The publication includes:
- Consideration of the regional spread and growth of e-health ventures;
- Discussion of startup activity in eight sub-sectors of the e-health industry;
- Data on e-health startup launches by year;
- Tracking of funding in the e-health space;
- Early thoughts on the future implications of the COVID-19 pandemic.
NB. There is another version of this report that includes an appendix containing the full dataset of 180 startups. It is available here at a cost of US$700.
- Size4.95 MB
- Length29 pages